Tuesday, April 12, 2011

How was your weekend?

Did you have a good weekend?  I hope so!
We did.  I got to see my parents for the third weekend in a row!!  I am spoiled rotten :)  I took Friday off of work, and Hubby and I headed to Dallas around noon.  We had a busy weekend planned!
Hubby took my sister and her two roommates to meet Daddy out at the NASCAR race.  They had an amazing time!
Mel, Val (my sister), Hubby, Daddy and Leah

My Mom and I spent the evening at the Heartlight Charity dinner.  I didn't take any pictures this year.  I think it's because I get so worn out just getting around right now - haha!  If you don't know about Heartlight, please take the time to read my previous post from last year's dinner.  It is a truly amazing organization that is very dear to our family.

The crew headed back out to the races on Saturday, and Mom and I were so excited to have the whole day to ourselves!  I can't remember the last time we got to do whatever we wanted together!  We started off the day with a little shopping, and then headed to my dear friend Leigh's baby shower.  Leigh and I have been friends since high school.  I don't know what I would do without her!  She is expecting her second child, a little girl due in July.  I can't wait to meet her!

Amber (Leigh's sister), Candice, Me (I'm so huge!!), Jude (my adorable God Son), Leigh, and Diana.  It was so great to get to spend time with these wonderful ladies!

After the shower, Mom and I shopped and shopped.  We went to Ross and found some really cute stuff for Jaxson, then we discovered the Carter's store.  Oh my goodness.  You could go broke in there in about 15 minutes!  They were having a good sale, so we stocked up on some of the sizes of things that we were missing.  And, since I'm crazy about having everything in it's place right now, everything we bought is washed and put away already!  Then we went to Garden Ridge and drooled over all the fun summer party stuff that they have.  I wanted every tiki torch and patio thing they had in there!  haha!  We had dinner at Johnny Carino's, because both of our husband's don't like that place (crazy boys), but we love it!  It was a perfect weekend! 

I had mixed feelings leaving their house today - we won't be back there again until after Jaxson is born.  That felt very very different and weird.  I can't put my finger on the feeling, but I know trips home will never be the same.  Not in a bad way, just in a different way.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend too!!

No comments: