Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bed Rest Update

So, I had another Dr. appointment today, and thought I would share our progress.

I dropped my urine sample off at the lab before my appointment.  I didn't realize that they had to register me and get me all checked in just to take my sample.  Who would have thought?  They were very nice though.

Then, I headed to my Dr.'s office.  My standing heart rate was a little better, but still too high.  So, the nurse had me lay on my side for awhile and then took it again.  It was normal!!  Little did I realize that this change just makes a better case for bed rest.  We listened to Jaxson's heartbeat, and it was good and strong.  165.  He kicked her too - haha!  Little stinker!

Dr. said my blood work came back fine (praise God!), but that he wasn't sure what he was going to do with me just yet, and I probably wouldn't like it.  When he came back, he said that he would like me to work at home.  I asked if I could go in for a little while each day, and he said for a few hours max, but that I could work the remainder of the day at home.  If I come back next week and have not improved - no more work.  So, I have to do a good job of staying still and not getting worked up, which is not easy at my job.  Not even a little.

The Dr. office should call this afternoon with my urine test results.  I need to be reclined at a 45 degree angle, and always with a towel rolled up behind my right hip, making me a little lopsided.  This will help with blood flow and to decrease my blood pressure.

He gave me a prescription for a blood pressure taking thing, and I am supposed to take it 4x a day.  If it gets over 140/90, I have to go to the hospital.

I go back next Wednesday at 10:30AM to see where we go from here.  I'm very lucky to have a wonderful boss that understands what I need right now.  I am going in tomorrow at 1PM to meet with him so we can figure out what we should do next.

Would you mind saying a prayer that we continue to do well, and for strength for me to obey the rules and stay still and calm?  I feel overwhelmed, I wasn't ready to leave work yet!

Thank you all so much!  Your prayers and kind thoughts mean so much to me!

5 comments:

Newlywed Next Door said...

Yikes! Hope that you can rest and have to be on permanate bed rest!

Unknown said...

Well it wasn't great news, but not awful I guess!! I hope you and your boss can figure out something that works for both of you and that you get to feeling better. Hang in there, it's so close to being over!! :)

Newlywed Next Door said...

That was supposed to say " Yikes! Hope that you can rest and NOT have to be on permanate bed rest! "

:)
Take care lady!

Kylie Marie said...

prayers coming your way!!

Laura said...

Oh Michelle, you,Jeff, and Jaxson are all in my prayers. I pray for you to have a calm couple of days of rest so that you don't have to go to complete bed rest.