Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Baby Ellis' Gender Reveal Party!

 We finally had our Gender Reveal Party this weekend!!  We have been looking forward to it for weeks!
 Here's the scoop.  We went to the doctor for our 16 week sonogram and had them write the sex of the baby in a card.  We didn't peek :)  Then, we took the card to the bakery and had them make cupcakes filled with pink or blue filling.  We invited our friends and family over so that we could all find out together!  Here are some of the pics from the day.



Hubby and I made that cupcake stand - how cute is that??

This is the first time I got to use my china serving dish!  I was so excited!

Ooh La La in Katy made the best cupcakes I have ever had.  They are huge, but amazing.

They sat at our house for a full 24 hours before the party.  I wanted to peek inside one so badly!

The spread.  The tree is one of our placecard trees from our wedding.  My Mom made it, which makes it so special.



Me and my Sister, Val





My Mom brought these and put them in one of our wedding vases.  Aren't they beautiful?





My Pappa and his Sisters.  It meant so much to me that they came!

My precious sister


My sister and Me, before I was dressed and ready to go!

Here we are...cutting into the cupcake!

And....

IT'S



A



BOY!!!

And we couldn't be happier.  My Daddy thanked me twice for his Grandson, Hubby teared up, and my Pappa was so excited!!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness, SO adorable and congrats!!!!!

Kelly said...

Congrats!!!
What a fun looking party

Newlywed Next Door said...

What an amazing party! Great job! And yay for a baby boy! :)

Joanna said...

Michelle!!! What an amazing gender reveal party! Hands down best one I've ever seen! You're going to have a sweet little bambino!! YAY! You have great discipline for not peeking! I'm so excited for you momma! Thanks for keeping me in your prayer Thursday :)

Laura said...

Congrats!!!! I love the way you choose to wait and find out with all your family.

B said...

That is so neat! And you have some SERIOUS self control for being able to wait for it. You go girl! Congrats to you and your hubby on your sweet baby BOY on the way :)

Tiffany said...

Congratulations!!! I loved looking at the pictures of your party. That is such a great way to find out the gender. I am so happy for you that you're having a baby boy! You are going to love love love having a son!! They are just the sweetest! Congratulations to you and your family again!

Unknown said...

I knew it! LOL....I'm so glad you used this idea, I think it is so cute, and I love that you waited to find out too. You are going to be the sweetest, most wonderful mommy!

Liz Martin said...

Yay!!!! Congrats!!!! Everything turned out beautifully!

Shana said...

Congratulations! What a neat idea. I have never heard of that before! What fun!!!

Melanie said...

Aw, congratulations on a son!! That is so exciting! We are supposed to find out on the 23rd and I can't wait! Ooh La La is by far the best bakery in the Katy area for sure!! The carrot cake is delicious (Ive been craving it a lot! ) ha!

Unknown said...

YAY! What an amazing party! And what a huge blessing that your family was there ;o) Congratulations on the news of your little BOY!! I'm so excited for you & hubby!

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh! What an incredible idea! I've heard of the gender reveal parties but never have I heard of the couple finding out at the party as well!!! SO COOL! Congrats! Love the cake stand you and hubby made. So creative! Did you have the cupcake toppers and things designed by The Busy Budgeting Mama? I follow her blog and they look like her style:)

Nicole-Lynn said...

Awww! Yeyy! Congratulations! So happy for you! I bet you're having so much fun planning for your sweet little boy! Your party looked so fun and exciting for your family/friends. You really did a great job with all of the details! Glad you had a nice time!