Sunday, June 16, 2013

Say no to carbs...Cauliflower Bread

I've been on an Atkins kick lately.  I know it's not the most healthy way to lose weight, but it's the easiest thing for me to do since I've been traveling so much.  I'm not doing it 100%, but just very low carb.  I still drink wine - duh!

My new favorite thing is cauliflower bread.  It is SO GOOD and so easy.  And, I'm going to share it with you!

Here's what you need:

1/2 head of cauliflower
Splash of milk
food processor
2 eggs 
2 cups cheese (I like mozzarela)
Seasoning (I use Italian seasonings)
Olive Oil
Cookie Sheet

Preheat oven to 400
Spray cookie sheet with lots of olive oil.  LOTS.  If you don't, these will really really get stuck.
Chop cauliflower into chunks
Put in food processor or chopper and process into rice grain like sizes or smaller (you really can't get it too small in my opinion)  You should end up with about 2 cups.
****Beware - riced cauliflower smells AWFUL.  The first time I made it hubby kept saying from the den, "I've checked Jaxson's diaper like, 4 times and it's fine but he smells like he is dying!"  Poor Jaxson.  It wasn't him, it was the cauliflower.
Beat the eggs like you are making scrambled eggs, and add in a splash of milk
Combine all the ingredients and stir them up well.  You should have a kind of paste.  A very smelly paste.
Make four patties about 1/4 inch thick.  I use two cookie sheets so nothing gets crowded.  You could make these any size you want, but I make 4 of them in case I want to use them for pizza or as a wrap for a sandwich.
Cook for 10-12 minutes, watching carefully towards the end.  They will brown on the edges a lot because of the olive oil, so don't be alarmed.  

I add a little more olive oil, cheese and turkey pepperoni and broil on low for 5 minutes for yummy pizza, I eat them with a little spray butter, use it for bread...the possibilties are endless!  I make a batch of these a couple times a week and store them in a baggie in the fridge.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

No comments: