Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dr. Appointment Update

Hi Friends!

I had a dr. appointment today, and I thought I would give you a little update.

My headaches are gone.  That is a great thing!  My blood pressure is still high, but not to the danger zone of 140/90.  That's a good thing.  My protein levels are consistent, which is just fine.

So, I am no better, but worse either.  I'll take that!  We are going to continue with the same program - modified bed rest - 4 hours a day allowed out of bed.  I'll continue to go to work for 3 of those hours each day.

Jaxson's heartbeat is strong and I've been feeling him move a lot more lately.  The nurse said it's probably because I've been still.  That makes sense to me.

Apparently, Jaxson likes his little home.  I have made NO progress, with 16 days left to my due date.  My Dr. said it's time to give him his first lecture and tell him it's time to start preparing for his exit.  hahaha!  We had a talk this afternoon, so we will see how that goes.

I won't lie and say that I wasn't a little disappointed leaving my appointment today.  I don't know exactly what I hoped for, but some improvement or some progress would have made me very happy.  I had some really positive thinking before my appointment, so I think I got my hopes up that something great would be going on.  But, I am very grateful that I'm not in the hospital or on full bed rest.  Very, very thankful.

So, to cheer myself up, I did something I've been promising my Mom that I was going to help her with for quite some time.  I started her blog and her etsy store!  She is the most creative person that I know (and I didn't inherit a stitch of it!) and makes beautiful things for her friends and family.  We started out by showcasing her beaded wine glasses, and I'll start adding more of her creations this week.  She is so sweet and excited about it!  It's so fun to do something like this together!

How is your week going?  I hope it's been wonderful!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I'm glad your BP has stabilized. I know you are READY, tell Jaxson we are ready to see him! :) Your mom's blog and store are so cute-and I agree she is seriously the most creative person, I wish I could do HALF the stuff she does!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Glad your headaches are gone and BP is down!!! That's scary!