I thought I would give you a quick update after my Dr. appointment this week.
My blood pressure is lower! Praise God!! My Dr. was very pleased with this. Because it was better, he is going to wait until next week to run tests on me.
Jaxson is not making ANY progress. My cervix is completely closed and is not thinning at all. Apparently, he is very happy in there. My Dr. said to start meditating and then maybe he will start getting ready...hhmmm...I'll pray all day long, but I don't know if I'm the meditating type - haha!
I'm a planner. I want everything planned out to the minute, the day, to the penny. Well, turns out, I'm getting my first lesson that children don't always allow for that. So, I asked Dr. what our plan was. He said that it depended on how much I wanted a c section. Well, I don't really want one of those, but I'm completely ok with it if it becomes medically necessary. He said we could start inducing today, that I would have a very long labor, and a 60% chance of it ending in a c section. Ewww.
So, we talked about a few different options (I LOVE that he takes the time to talk TO me and listen to me), and decided to continue on for another week. That means I keep taking my bp every few hours, and that I promise to go to the hospital if it goes over 140/90, or if I notice a decrease in fetal movement, and I stay with the modified bed rest - 4 hours a day allowed out of bed. I'm good with that. I still get to go to work for a few hours each day, and I'm not in the hospital - I'm a happy girl. He said that he believes me that I have been following the rules, so he will leave me alone for one more week : )
I go back Tuesday for my tests. I am having a biophysical profile done, where they do a long ultrasound and check for all kinds of things like muscle tone, movement, fluid levels, blood flow...etc., and a non stress test where they will monitor his heartbeat for an extended amount of time. I'll be 39 1/2 weeks when we do this. I'm excited to see how Jaxson is doing in there! It's been a long time since I've been able to see him! After we get the results of the tests, we will decide if we can give him a couple more weeks to get ready on his own, or if he appears to be stressed in there, we will talk about our induction options. I really don't want to induce, but I trust my Dr. and I know that we will be able to figure out what is best for us. Hubby would like him to come a couple weeks late - haha!
So, we are doing good! Just waiting for next Tuesday! Thank you all so much for your sweet prayers and kind words!