Monday, May 2, 2011

What a day in history...


Hubby and I were sitting on the sofa last night, enjoying an episode of CSI Miami, when our show was interrupted stating that there would be a message from our President.  I don't care for or respect our President, and I didn't care to hear what he had to say and was annoyed that we wouldn't be able to see the end of our show, to be completely honest.

But, I was wrong last night.  I cannot believe that Osama bin Laden is dead.  Our President gave a very nice speech, and I was truly glad that we watched it.  We sat, speechless, for a couple of hours, just watching the news.  I'm grateful that the world is without a very dangerous man that has done so much harm.  I'm scared of retaliation.  I'm bursting with pride for our troops and for Robert Gates, the gentlemen that was given credit for the operation and also handed me my diploma on the day I graduated from college.  I am so incredibly thankful that I am an American!

I kept thinking about the families that lost loved ones on 9/11.  As I laid on the couch and felt little Jaxson moving around in my belly, all I could think of were the children that lost parents, wives that lost their husbands, parents that lost their children.  I couldn't imagine what they must be feeling right now.  Closure?  Vindication?  Justice?  Pain at reliving those feelings and moments?  I am praying for them and for their peace.

God Bless America and God Bless our Troops!

No comments: