Tuesday, April 13, 2010

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge - Day 8

Hi Ladies!  I hope you are enjoying this challenge as much as I am.  Or should I say, my hubby is.  He has been so sweet and kind lately, and I can only attribute it to my kinder words and encouragement.  I hope you are having the same results!

Day 8 -

How are you doing with the "30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge"?  In case you've forgotten, here's the challenge:

*You can't say anything negative about your husband...to your husband, or to anyone else.
*Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband...to your husband and to someone else.

"But who can find a faithful man?" Proverbs 20:6b

Faithfulness is a wonderful but rare quality, especially in regard to marriage.  Do you understand how important this quality is?  Your challenge is to continue to root out all negative speaking, and plant seeds of encouragement instead.  You may be amazed at what will grow.

Contemporary culture often entices men to be unfaithful to their wedding vows and spiritual commitments.  Appreciate your husband's faithfulness--how he is loyal to you.  let him know that you are glad he has "stick-to-it-iveness" in your marriage.  Appreciate his faithfulness to God.

If you have an unfaithful husband, this is a difficult area for you.  Pray, speak the truth in love, remain faithful yourself, and discover ways to encourage faithfulness in your mate.  The Bible says that husbands may "be won by the conduct of their wives" 1 Peter 3:1b.  You may also want to seek counsel from a mature, godly individual couple.

I know that our marriage is new, but I am so very lucky that I have never questioned hubby's faithfulness to me.  I need to tell him how much I appreciate this and how fortunate that I feel to have found such a wonderful man.  I am looking forward to sharing that with him.  My parents are now in their early 50s, and more than a few of their friends are going through divorce due to unfaithful husbands.  I cannot imagine what that would feel like, and I am determined to do everything I can to keep our marriage in a wonderful, Godly place.  I can see how letting hubby know how much I appreciate his faithfulness and trust would nuture that part of our marriage. 

No comments: