Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Weekend Away...

We had our first night away as parents!

I was so scared to leave Jaxson, but it was just fine.  I cried when we left, and for a little while in the car, but after we were well into our road trip, I was good to go.  I really enjoyed being with hubby and being able to be just "just us" for 24 hours.

One of hubby's fraternity brothers was planning on proposing to his girlfriend.  We just adore her!  So, we couldn't miss this fun event.  He planned on proposing in Gruene, TX - which is only about 3 hours away from where we live.  It was the perfect distance for our first over night trip.

We even drove the little car, and rode all the way there with the top down!  It was so fun.

We stayed in the cutest bed and breakfast!  We had never stayed in one before, and now I'm hooked!  It was such a great experience.  We stayed in this little cottage house.

It was too adorable!  The best part - they only had a huge bathtub, not a shower.  Watching hubby try to take a bath in there to get ready to go out was one of the top five funniest moments of our marriage.  We were both cracking up.  That alone was worth the trip!   Watching his over 6 FT frame try to wash his hair under that faucet while his feet were slipping out while he was muttering about why on earth anyone would want to take a bath because part of your body is always cold was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.  I'm pretty sure that was his first bath since he was about, oh 5 or 6 years old - haha!

This was us on our front porch.  Yes, I swang on the swing!

What do you think about my hat?  I'm not a hat person AT ALL, but I think they are so cute and I want to start wearing them.  Plus, hubby likes them.

My sweet friend, Britany.  She is pregnant, and was such a trooper!  It was SO hot, but she never, ever complained!

We had such a great time with our friends, and Jaxson survived being left!  And, I decided that I want to move the Gruene, TX and open my own little store :)  We even went and shopped at an antique store.  It was so fun!


5 comments:

Joanna said...

You look great :) beautiful momma!

Unknown said...

Gruene is one my most favorite places, I love it - looks like yall had a fab little getaway!

Nicole-Lynn said...

How fun! Looked and sounded like y'all had a nice time! I bet the top down driving was so nice! Love that. My husband and I did that our whole trip in Hawaii. I bet you really needed that time to just get away for a little bit! And yes, you look so adorable in the hat! :)

Unknown said...

First of all, love the hat! :) This looks like such a fun place-Love the cottage!

M.R. said...

i like the hat too- looks good on you!

mindofmr.blogspot.com