Friday, August 12, 2011

Jaxson - 2 Months!


So, my sweet baby is two months old!  Well, actually he was on July 14, so this is way late...but I want to make sure to document everything!





He is sleeping exculsively in his crib now.  He gives me 4-5 hours of sleep at night, which is wonderful!  I'll totally take it!  He is a great little sleeper.  He just wakes up to eat and then goes right back to sleep.
Dinner with Uncle Mac and Aunt Jenny

I like my bumbo chair!

Here are his stats -
Height - 24 inches - 97%
Weight - 12 lbs - 57%
He is wearing 3 month clothes



He smiles at us all the time.  It warms my heart.  He is becoming more and more fun and alert each and every day.  He is so sweet and innocent - it amazes me.  He loves to stand up in our laps, as long as we hold his little arms and balance him, he is good to go!  He enjoys watching ceiling fans and lights, and the T.V.  We don't sit him in front of the T.V. or anything, but if he is in a room with one, he is just drawn to it!



He is eating about 5oz of breast milk every 2-3 hours.  Breast feeding is going fine, but I pump just as much as I breast feed him.  It works for us.



Babywise is working!  The only thing we are having trouble with is our nap schedule.  If I miss the signs that he is tired (watery eyes, yawns, staring off into space), he gets MAD and really fights taking a nap.  If I catch the signs in time and put him down, he winds himself down and goes to sleep no problem.  I'm working on it :)

Hanging out with Uncle Don


His 2 month check up went really well!  He is perfectly healthy and has gained the perfect amount of weight.  Our dr. said his head is kind of small, but that's okay.  Mine is too; I can never find hats that fit my head!  He got his first round of shots, and my heart broken into a million little pieces.  It was horrible, but quick.  Our nurse was so kind and she gave them to him very quickly.  Our Dr. told us that he was old enough and weighed enough that he didn't need that additional feeding in the middle of the night.  He said that he could go 8 hours without eating, and that his body was just used waking up and eating then, and that is why he does it.  He said that the longer you wait to break them of that feeding the harder it is.  His advice was to let him cry it out for up to 45 minutes (oh my gosh, isn't that FOREVER), walking to the crib to sooth him with your voice, rubbing his back, or giving him a paci, but NOT to pick him up.  He said at this age he will cry himself to sleep (heart breaking...) after 45 minutes, but if we wait until he is bigger, he can cry for hours because he will be so much stronger.  So, we are going to give it a go.  Please wish us luck!



I am doing great.  I'm all healed and feeling so much better.  All the baby weight is gone, but I have some serious work to do.  My body is WAY different!  Getting more sleep has made me a much happier person, and I am starting to get confident as a Mom.  I feel like I know him best and can help him when he is upset.  That feeling was huge for me.  I love him more than I ever thought I could love anything or anyone!


Here are a few more pictures, because I just can't help myself!



2 comments:

Kelly's Avenue said...

Happy 2 months Jaxson!!!!!

Unknown said...

That last picture is adorable! I'm so glad I got to meet him! :)