Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Simple Pleasures



A blog post on Kelly's Korner today made me think of life's Simple Pleasures. In my opinion, life is all about the little things. As a newlywed, it is amazing to me how my idea for the Simple Pleasures in my life have changed over the past year. The things that give me joy are evolving as I evolve and become more comfortable in my marriage. I guess that means I am evolving as a wife - which is a wonderful thing!


Here are a few of my current simple pleasures:


Snuggling on the sofa with my husband

Waking up to the sound of rain on our bedroom window

Giggling at something silly my husband has done or said

Playing with our dog, Bandit

Watching a beautiful sunset

Lazy weekends full of watching football

Coming home to a clean house

Having time alone at home

A great glass of wine

Spending a weekend with my parents

Recognizing God's work in my life


What are your simple pleasures?

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi, I am blog hopping from Kelly's Korner! Cute blog! The simple pleasures in life are the best! =)

michelle ellis said...

Thanks Melanie!!

Christina said...

Love hearing rain hit the windows in the middle of the night.
I really like your blog too!

michelle ellis said...

Christina, thank you!