Tuesday, February 23, 2010

14 Day Love and Respect Challenge - Day 8

Hi Ladies! I am so sorry that I am two days behind on our challenge - I was sick on Friday, and well, there is no excuse for yesterday. We had an incredibly busy (but fun) weekend and were still doing stuff around the house that we had neglected.

Anyway, here is Day 9!

Ask his opinion on some issue related to his expertise or interests. Phillipians 2:4 says, "each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." If he is a political junkie, ask a sports questions. Ask a question in an area that interests him. You are also letting him know that you respect his insights.

If you can get him to really get excited and you have several questions prepared, look out. He will be more than happy to talk about his interests with you. Go for it!

My husband talks. A lot. I try really, really hard to always listen - and I always do when he talks about his job. My Daddy says that the most important thing I can do to support him is to be an active participant in his job. Since he is in sales, he faces a lot of rejection on a daily basis, and it is important for him to have a cheerleader that listens and encourages him like only a wife can. But, he always wants to have these long talks about what he saw on the news, or heard on the radio, or whatever...and it's a lot to take in after a long day of work when I just want to be still and quiet. So, tonight I will actively listen and ask questions.

No comments: