Wednesday, February 10, 2010

14 Day Love and Respect Challenge - Day 3

Hello All!

Day 2 of the challenge was slightly uneventful. When I got home, hubby was sitting on the sofa, computer in lap, as always. I sat by him, kissed him on the cheek and told him I missed him today. His comment, "Ewww, you have lip gloss on". Then, he decided to cover his nose with his sweatshirt because he didn't like the new lotion I was wearing, so I had to go sit in the other chair. Ahh...maturity. Well, I guess I get a A for effort?

Day 3 Click for the link or read below.

Tonight make his favorite meal or dessert. Proverbs 31:15 says, "She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls"
You are making deposits into your marriage. During this two week period be prepared for your husband to do something unloving. you have greeted him, hugged him, and made his favorite meal, but later he yells at you for moving his keys. Ignore it. Don't throw your hands up saying, "Respecting you doesn't work. You are as unloving as ever." You are fasting from complaining for two weeks. Lower your expectations. You can't expect him to change in every area of his life because you did three nice things. Do this for God and not for your husband. God commands you to do this. I invite you to take this one step further. We are all guilty of not looking our best. I look ways at home that I would never have when we were dating, or even engaged. I have started freshening my make up on my way home from work, and I don't change clothes until well after dinner. I look my best for my coworkers every day, and I really don't care what they think. He deserves this too, and I care what he thinks! Don't only make his favorite meal or dessert, but also "get ready". Wear something other than lounge clothes, put on a little makeup, set the table nice, and show him that you have gone out of your way to make him feel special.

I can't make hubby dinner tonight, we have our marriage bible study and due to our busy work schedules, we are meeting at the church. But, I am going to ask him what he would like for dinner for Valentine's day, and I'll make whatever he chooses. And, I'll look pretty and set a pretty table. Sometimes it is truly impossible to move commitments around to make things work. I can't imagine what you wives that have kiddos feel like - I have enough trouble balancing work, God, friends and my husband. I think that's a sign that we are not ready for a baby just yet. God bless all of the Mommies out there!

Good luck tonight!

No comments: