Thursday, February 11, 2010

14 Day Love and Respect Challenge - Day 4

Welcome to Day 4!

Jeff and I had bible study last night, and learned some pretty amazing stuff about God's plan for marriage. I plan on sharing it with you, I just have to take the time to sit down and type it out - stay tuned.

Day 4 of the Love and Respect Challenge - Verbal Blessings.

When your husband is around, say something honorable about him in front of your children or his peers. Perhaps say, "When it comes to math, few are as smart as your dad. Why don't you ask him to help with that question." Or, "Your dad works every day so that we can live in this home. He is a very hard worker." Or, "do you know what I admired about your dad when we first met? It was..."
This kind of thing is not hard for us women. We are only talking about a few sentences. God has gifted us to communicate. If you are thinking that you can't do this, you are lying to yourself. The truth is that you don't WANT to say something honorable to a man that you don't feel is as nice as he should be to you. You are locked into the idea that he must earn your respect. I know that you might be upset with him and that he should also be honoring you. Remember, the most mature one moves first. The more respect you give, the more opportunity he has to (in return) show love. A mature wife looks beyond her husband and speaks these words because the Lord wants us to. 1 Peter 3:9 says, "not returning....insult for insult, but give blessing instead."

This is easy for me. I don't have children, but I can say nice things about Hubby tonight at the wine tasting, and tomorrow night out with our friends. I like today's assignment : )

No comments: