Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesdays at the Table - Chicken Summer Squash Bake

Today is our first day to participate in Tuesdays at the Table from All the Small Stuff. I made this Chicken Summer Squash Bake last week, and hubby just loved it!  It took a little bit of time, but it was okay because he was working on the toy car in the garage, so he didn't mind eating a littler later than usual.




Here's what you need -
Two Chicken Breasts
One Small Onion - Chopped
Two Cloves Minced Garlic (or garlic powder if you prefer)
3 Yellow Squash - Sliced
1 Cup Chicken Broth
1/2 Breadcrumbs
3 Medium Potatoes - Scalloped

I am always for saving time, regardless of how many skillets I use.  If you want, this could be a one skillet meal, just set aside each component and use the same skillet as you go.  I used three skillets to save time.  In one skillet, I cooked the chicken in Italian dressing until no longer pink.  In skillet #2, I sauteed the scalloped potatoes and 1/2 of the onions and garlic until tender.  In skillet #3, I sauteed the squash and the remaining garlic and onions until tender.

Then I lined the bottom of my 9x13 corning ware with the potatoes, placed the two chicken breasts on top, and topped with the squash mixture.  Pour the cup of chicken broth over the food, cover, and bake for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees.  Remove the lid, sprinkle the breadcrumbs, and cook uncovered for 10 more minutes.

It's not too terrible for you - and it's very yummy!  We served ours with white rice, because hubby loves it.  But, I think it would be fine without it.


Hope you enjoy!

No comments: