Monday, August 16, 2010

Marriage Monday - What kind of wife will I be in 30 years....

Today we are participating in Marriage Monday with Julie at Come Have Peace.  I LOVE her story today.


Today's reflection is - Do you know what kind of wife you want to be 30 years from now?  What you do today determines where your marriage will be in the future.

Wow.  30 years from now...that will really make you think, won't it?  The scripture Julie shared really sat with me this morning - Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.  Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.  Phil 2:3-4

So, 30 years from now hubby and I will be pushing 60 years old - older than my parents!  Wow...I hope that then I am a wife....

*That treats him better than he treats himself
*That has helped my husband realize his career dreams
*That has supported him in all his relationships
*That has raised his children to be respectful, God loving individuals
*That has contributed financially to our home
*That is his BEST FRIEND
*That treats him with the up most respect, even when it's hard

It's hard to wrap my head around where we will be in 30 years.  But, I know that if I continue to practice these habits now, by then, hopefully, they will be old hat.

Do you ever feel like God puts things in your path to reinforce what is going on in your life right now?  I am currently reading Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs.  This book is incredible, and outlines the type of relationship that I desire to have with hubby.  I read parts of it out loud to him, and he just loves it.  I have only been reading it for a week, and I can already see the changes in our interactions.  It's amazing.

What kind of wife do you want to be in 30 years? 

3 comments:

Julie@comehaveapeace said...

Thank you so much for sharing Michelle. I felt encouraged just by reading your dreams of "30 years from now." It IS hard to imagine, but it sure does change my "today" when I think about my "tomorrow." Glad you shared this on Marriage Mondays today!
Blessings to you and your hubby,
Julie

Resisting Perfection said...

I HAVE to get that book, I've heard of it from other women who have loved it as well. Our relationship really needs it. I love all your goals.

Warren Baldwin said...

Linked here from Marriage Mondays. I am often linked to that post but haven't been the last couple of weeks. Will be this Sunday.

Love and Respect is a great book, thanks for reviewing it. I use it in a Marriage and Family class I teach and for counseling. I gave it to one woman to read. She brought it back to me one Wed night just before Bible class, thrust at me and said, "I read it, but I don't like it." She was honest. I don't think she (or he) ever applied some of the basic principles, and they are still struggling with the same issues, with little or no improvement.

This book can change lives and marriages.

You have a nice blog. If you get a chance, please visit Family Fountain. wb