Friday, August 13, 2010

I Cooked Something! Cresecent Beef Casserole

So, potatoes were on sale, and I bought a 5lb bag - and then once we were tired of mashed, baked and scalloped potatoes, I started searching for recipes that I could make with potatoes.  I found a variation of this one at Allrecipies.com.  This one was so good and easy - and hubby loved it!

Here's what you need

1lb lean ground beef
1 diced zucchini
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup tomato puree
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
1 cup shredded cheese (any variety you have on hand)
1 package refrigerated crescent rolls

In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.  Saute zucchini & onion until crisp tender.  Add the cooked beef and tomato puree (or tomato sauce) and season to your liking.  I added garlic powder too.

To make the mashed potatoes, I peeled and cubed them, and then boiled them in a large pot of water.  Then I added a little bit of milk and mashed them up.

Spread potatoes in an 11 x 7 x 2 baking dish.  Top with beef mixture, sprinkle with cheese.

Unroll crescent dough.  Separate into four rectangles; arrange three rectangles over the casserole. 

Bake at 375 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes until top is browned.


Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Kasey said...

YUM! definitely trying this!

Anonymous said...

Yum. Looks delish, Thanks for sharing!