Wednesday, June 2, 2010

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge - Day 27

Hi Ladies!  I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!  We did, I promise I'll do a post tonight :)  Work has been crazy, and it always seems like I am so behind after having a day off.  Does anyone else feel that way?

Welcome to Day 27 of our Challenge -

"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the LORD." Psalm 31:24

You have almost completed the "30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge".  Perhaps it has taken you are tremendous amount of courage to speak words of encouragement consistently to your husband.  Have faith that God will continue to work long after your encouraging words have been shared.

There are lots of "tough guys" in the world, but true courage comes from the Lord.  Does your husband exhibit the courage to take an unpopular stand, perhaps even to stand against evil?  Is he courageous in his faith?  Does he work hard to change injustice?  Is he a stickler for the truth?  Does he protect you or your family from attacks of the Enemy?

Psalm 27:14 says this kind of courage comes from "waiting" on the Lord for his strength.  If your budget allows, award your husband with a medal, trophy, framed picture of a brave knight, or some other token that represents his courage as a man of God.  Praise evidences of your husband's courage in protecting you, your marriage, your family, or your home.

Today's challenge makes me think of one of our "Nearly Wed" classes at our church.  They spent the majority of class talking about the wife's responsibilities - make a nice home, support, encourage, and build up your husband, raise your children, be sexually available for your husband, be meek, be timid, be graceful, etc.  Just when I thought, wow, this is way too much, I don't know if I can do all of this - they said, and the husbands are responsible for the family's salvation.  WOW.  That is huge.  Hubby's job is not only to provide for and to protect me and our future children, but also to nuture and protect our salvation and our relationships with God.  I'll take my duties anyday - haha!  I can't imagine the weight that he carries on his shoulders, and I am so proud of the courage that he shows by taking on all the husbandly responsibilities that God called him to.

No comments: