Tuesday, June 8, 2010

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge - Day 28

Good morning Ladies!

Welcome to Day 28 of our challenge!  I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday, blogger was acting up and I was having trouble. 

"The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom, and before honor is humility" Proverbs 15:33

Sometimes, when we just "know" we are right and our husbands are wrong, it takes great humility to honor them.  It is difficult to speak well of our husbands when our own hearts are puffed up with pride.

As part of your challenge today, pray that you will respond to the Lord in faith and humility before you react to your husband.  Speak wisely and well, and leave the results to God.

The humility that comes from a right relationship with God--the humility that comes when a man is willing to listen to God and be taught from His Word--is indeed a beautiful quality.  Jesus was an example of this kind of humility when he was willing to submit to His Father's will John 6:38, Matthew 26:39

Does your husband have that kind of humility?  Is he willing to learn from and submit to direction from the Lord?  Let your husband know how precious this is to your marriage relationship.

This is a lesson I am still learning.  I have a tendency to argue when I know I am right, and my husband is just as stubborn, if not more.  So, now, when I know he is wrong, I tell him once, nicely (something like, that might be the case, but I think it might be this way...) and when he continues to disagree with me, I say, you must be right, I'm sorry about that.  Usually, a day or two later, (sometimes sooner, sometimes never), he will say, you were right about that thing (whatever it was).  He doesn't apologize, but he will acknowledge that I was right and that he realized it.  I just smile and say, I know.  It's HARD.  Especially when your husband is very opinionated.  But, that is one of the things that I love most about him.  He always stands by what he believes in and thinks is right - and that is a beautiful quality!

No comments: