Tuesday, March 2, 2010

14 Day Love and Respect Challenge - Day 12

We only have a few more days of our challenge left!

Yesterday, I tried to guess hubby's dreams and desires. Well, the conversation was not as detailed as I imagined (go figure) and I had a hard time bringing it up. For some reason, I felt silly. So, during a commercial I blurted out, "What are your dreams?". I got the side eye. "What are you talking about? What dreams?" I had clearly confused my poor husband. I stuttered through some explanation about, um, like, if you could do anything what would it be, and if you could plan your life to go however you wanted...etc. His response - "I would have millions of dollars and live on a beach". Hmm...not what I was expecting, but I'm totally in for that dream! Then, being the girl that I am, I started asking more questions.

"Would you have a big successful job?"
"No."
"How would you get the money?"
"I don't care, I just would have it."
"What would we do all day?"
"Whatever we wanted."
"Would our families live there?"
"Sure."
"Would you have a nice car?"
"Yep."
"What kind?"
"I have tons of money remember? I'll have lots."
"Why are you asking all of these questions?"
"Oh, just wondering."

So, that didn't go as I envisioned, but that's okay - I could live on a beach with millions of dollars - ha!

Here is Day 12

Ask him how you can pray for him. We are assuming that he is a believer. If he is not, try it anyway, unless he has told you not to bring up spiritual things. For instance, if he is burdened about something at work, ask, "How can I pray for you that God will honor your good efforts?" Or, "I know that your boss has not been showing you the respect that he should, how should I pray for you?" Think of something that has been troubling him.

I love this! What more personal a gift could you possibly give to someone other than prayer? I think it is so wonderful to pray for others. I am working on doing this more myself. I am trying to make a list each day of people to pray for. I always pray for my hubby, but I never ask him what exactly he would like me to pray for, for him. I'm excited to do this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I love reading these, Michelle! If I asked Alan these questions, he would have the exact same reaction as Jeff!