Tuesday, May 4, 2010

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge - Day 19

Good morning Ladies! I am so sorry for not posting our challenge yesterday. I had a crazy day at work and hubby and I had a nice, relaxing, computer free evening at home last night. I think those nights are so important. I can't remember the last week night that we left dishes in the sink, left the computer turned off, and just snuggled on the couch and watched T.V. It wasn't great to wake up to dirty dishes this morning, but it's worth it every once in a while :)

Here is Day 19 of our challenge -

"You will show me the path of life. In your presence is fullness of joy. Happy are the people whose God is the LORD!" Psalm 16:11a, 144:15b

"A merry heart does good, like medicine."  Proverbs 17:22a

It's hard to criticize others when we are enjoying their company.  Instead of speaking negatively to your husband today, enjoy him!  Encourage him!  As you experience fullness of joy with God, share some of that joy with your husband.

Does your husband have a playful side?  A great sense of humor?  Is there a "little boy" that wants to escape from time to time, reflecting the joy in his heart?

This is a wonderful part of who he is, and a great strength.  Let him know that you appreciate his joyfulness and his playful spirit.  Find opportunities to join him in positive play times.

If your husband can sometimes be overly servious, coax him out occasionally for some play times.  It will help him relieve stress and relax.

I think this idea is so cute.  We all need "play times".  Most of our best memories are of silly times when we are goofing off and being just us.  My hubby is funny.  I mean, really funny.  That's part of the reason I fell in love with him.  I have a tendency to be way to serious sometimes.   I think it's the stress of work and all of those little silly things that I let get to me.  I tend to be serious until about Thursday, and then I start to relax for the weekend.  I need to take heed from today's lesson and have a little more fun with hubby much more often.  Do you have trouble being lighthearted and fun during the week?  Is it hard for you to relax if you have a high stress job?

2 comments:

goroyals83 said...

Just found your blog recently and wanted to say I really enjoy it! :) And I'm really interested in this Husband Encouragement Challenge (I'm going to google it immediately!).

And I'm just like you--I tend to be serious most of the week and finally relax around the weekend. I wish I could find ways to chill out more during the week--I'm going to try! :)

michelle ellis said...

Niomi, thank you so much, I am so happy that you are enjoying the challenge! Thank you for reading!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has trouble "being fun" during the week - thanks for sharing! I'm trying to work on that too.