Thursday, May 20, 2010

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge - Day 24

Good morning Ladies!

Welcome to day 24 of our challenge!  I hope you are all having a wonderful week!  Mine has been so busy - but I think thats a good thing :)

Here is Day 24 -

"And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord" Ephesians 6:4

Children can be quite a challenge to the marriage relationship.  A wise wife will support her husband's leadership in the home as much as possible, and will praise him for his fathering skills.  Negativity makes a man feel like a failure, and may make him want to give up.

Does your husband discipline your children wisely?  Does he show them love and encourage them?  Does he take an interest in their activities and dreams?  Does he spend time with them?  Does he take part in developing their character?  Praise him for these important life skills.

If you don't have children, is your husband positive and encouraging around other people's children?  Let him know you have noticed. 

If your husband does not experience positive relationships with children, you will need to figure out why.  Perhaps he had negative experiences as a child with his own parents, and needs to learn how to respond.  Perhaps you can lovingly and patiently show him how to parent--while still maintaining his authority in the home.

Hubby and I do not have children let, and we spend a very limited amount of time with children.  By limited, I mean the one time we spent with a friends niece, and throwing the football a few times with our adorable little neighbor.  But, when he does spend time with children, he is fun and sweet to them, so I think we will be just fine.  If how he treats our furbaby is any indication - we are going to be A Okay!

2 comments:

Sarah Ann said...

:) My hubs loves babies and my niece and nephew. It is definitely encouraging to see him with them and makes me excited for our one-day babies!

April said...

I love how DH is with his nieces and nephew. They really respect him and have a fear for "the look" when they are mis-behaving but literally adore him.
I love that.
They listen to him better than they listen to their own mom and gramma!

I see him being sorta strict but loving and that is just what I want...