Wednesday, May 5, 2010

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge - Day 20

Today's challenge!  I can't wait to tell my hubby that I think he is handsome - haha!  Seriously though, isn't that something we would all like hear more often.  I know I would like to hear him tell me that I look pretty more often.  Vain, I know.  I can't help myself!!

Read this wife's description of her beloved in Song of Solomon 5:10-16

"My lover is radiant and ruddy, outstanding among ten thousand.  His head is purest gold; his hair is wavy and black as a raven.  His eyes are like doves by the water streams, washed in milk, mounted like jewels.  His cheeks are like beds of spice yielding perfume.  His lips are like lilies dripping with myrrh.  His arms are rods of gold set with chrysolite.  His body is like polished ivory decorated with sapphires.  his legs are pillars of marble set on bases of pure gold.  His appearance is like Lebanon, choice as its cedars.  His mouth is sweetness itself; he is altogether lovely.  this is my lover, this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."

Criticism leaves scar; encouragement can bring healing.  Remember that today as you focus on your encouragement challenge.

Have you ever considered how wonderfully God designed men and women?  No matter how a man looks by the standards of the world, a loving God designed them all, and they are all "beautiful" in His sight.  Encourage your husband today by praising his uniqueness.

As you look over your husband's body, from the tip of his toes to his bald or bushy head, thank God that your husband is "sonderfully made, " then admire your husband verbally.  (Strong arms?  Hairy chest?  Firm hands?  Big feet?  Rugged chin?  Wide shoulders?  Compassionate eyes?  Broad smile?)

No comments: