Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I've come to realize...

Today I am linking to My Chihuahua Bite's I've come to realize.  I enjoyed reading her answers so much that I thought I'd play along!  I love her blog, it is so sweet and honest.

I've come to realize that my body isn't perfect, and never will be.  I don't ever remember thinking, wow I look amazing!  But years later, looking at pictures, I think, wow, I looked pretty good!  I need to appreciate what I have and stop obsessing.

I've come to realize that my job provides me with a satisfaction that I cannot get anywhere else.  Feeling accomplished for having a spotless house just doesn't do it for me like winning a big project or bid.

I've come to realize that when I'm driving I get some of my best thinking done.

I've come to realize that I need understanding from my husband.  He doesn't have to really understand, but I need him to pretend sometimes.

I've come to realize that I've lost my spur of the momentness (is that a word?)  The older I get, the more I NEED things to be planned out.

I've come to realize that I hate to see people suffering.  There are so many people in this world going through so many hard times, and it just breaks my heart.  I always wish that I could help them. 

I've come to realize that when I'm drunk, I tend to get much a little louder and more animated.  Thank goodness my husband finds this quality cute and endearing.

I've come to realize that money has as much control as we give it.  I'm learning to trust that God will provide, and working to honor him with how we manage the money he provides us.

I've come to realize that certain people don't mean to hurt other people's feelings, and that sometimes they just don't think.  I'm trying to be less sensitive about these things : )

I've come to realize that I'll always remember my first love.  Your first love is always something so special, fun and exciting.  It was many years ago, but I'll always remember that carefree, all encompassing young love.

I've come to realize that my sibling is an incredible young woman that I am very, very proud of.

I've come to realize that my Mom is the strongest, most wonderful woman I have ever known.  I always knew she was wonderful, but now that I am married, I have a whole new respect for her and how she maintains her marriage.  I imagine I'll see her in a whole new light when I become a Mom too!

I've come to realize that my cell phone makes me way too available and seeps into my personal time too much.  I am constantly looking at something on my phone, checking emails, answering texts...I would like to disconnect sometimes.

I've come to realize that when I woke up this morning (and every morning) that I am so very blessed.  God has blessed me with so many things in my life that I do not deserve.  I am in awe of this most days, and I usually wake up thinking about it for some reason.

I've come to realize that last night before I went to sleep that I love our new bed.  It's so wonderful to have a nice big bed to stretch out in with clean, crisp sheets.

I've come to realize that right now I am thinking that I really wish it was time for lunch!

I've come to realize that my Daddy is my hero and the best man I know.  He is kind, considerate, loving and always honest.  I enjoy him so much and I am so lucky that he is my Daddy.

I've come to realize that when I get on Facebook time goes by way too quickly.  It scares me that I can spend hours on the computer and not realize how much time has passed.  I'm limiting myself to computer time so that I can spend more quality time with hubby.

I've come to realize that today is going to go by slowly.  I can just feel it.

I've come to realize that tonight is going to be very busy.  I have to go to the grocery store, clean my house, start baking cupcakes.  Oh, and go to the gym.

I've come to realize that tomorrow will be very busy.  I am taking Friday off of work for my sister in laws wedding, and things always get crazy busy at work when I take time off.  It's like a law or something.

I've come to realize that I really want to win the respect of my new contractors on my newest project.  I know this will come with time, but I can't wait to show them what I can do!

I've come to realize that life is nothing like I expected.  And, I'm glad!

I've come to realize that this weekend is going to be so busy and fun!  My sister in law is getting married, and I can't wait!!

I've come to realize that the best music to listen to when I'm upset is Christian music.  It helps to remind me that God is in control and to give my worries to him.

I've come to realize that my friends are invaluable to me.  I am so very lucky to be surrounded by such beautiful and supportive women.

I've come to realize that this year is going to be great!  Hubby turns 30 and two of my dearest friends are getting married.  I'm so excited!

I've come to realize that my husband is a good man.  Like, truly from the depths of his soul good. 

I've come to realize that maybe I should volunteer more often.  I just signed up to volunteer for an event benefiting the Layla Grace foundation.  I'm so excited!

I've come to realize that I don't understand my new phone.  Really - I am having the hardest time ever!  It's so silly.

I've come to realize that my past made me who I am today.  I wouldn't change a thing.  Well, maybe just one or two little things here and there!  ha!

I've come to realize that parties are an opportunity to meet great new people.  I am trying to be more open to making new friends over the past couple of years, and it has been so much fun!

I've come to realize that my life is not exactly how I had it planned out.  But you know what?  That's okay.  I am trying to learn to relax and enjoy it.  God has been so gracious to me and I am so very thankful.  I can't wait to see what he has in store for me next!

Thanks for reading!  If you do a post like this, link in the comments below so I can read your I've come to realize!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I do my best thinking when I'm driving too! I don't think life ever goes as planned either. I like this post, it got me thinking of things I wouldn't "realize" on a daily basis!