Friday, May 6, 2011

Show Us Your Life - Vacations!

Happy Friday Friends!  We are linking up with Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life.  This week is favorite vacation spots!  Hubby and I LOVE to travel, so I could probably do half a dozen posts on this topic, but I promise not to bore you to tears!  I'll pick our two favorites - The Bahamas and Las Vegas!

Let's start with The Bahamas!  Paradise.  Truly.  We love it.  The beaches are beautiful, the people are kind, the city is clean.  It's amazing.  Before we got pregnant, we seriously discussed moving there.  We learned that only 20% of Bahamians know how to swim.  Hubby was a life guard and taught swim lessons for years.  We could open a swim school!

Here are a few pictures from our Honeymoon at The Sandals Royal Bahamian.






Our sunset dinner on the beach...it doesn't get much better than this!

There is a place called the Fish Fry.  It's a quick shuttle ride away from the cruise terminal, and it's a street that is literally called The Fish Fry.  It is a strip of amazing, casual, open air restraunts.  If the staff at Sandals would not have been so sweet and friendly, we would have never know about it.  We felt so safe getting there, and we even rode their public transportation!  We had the most amazing meal of conch fritters, plantains, hush puppies, grilled steak, and the best mac and cheese I have EVER had.  I bought a cook book while we were there, and have yet to attempt any of the recipies.  Oops.

Now for our second favorite - VEGAS BABY!!

I adore Vegas.  My Mom took me for my 21st birthday, and it was amazing!  I've been back once a year since.  My sorority sisters and I went a few times for girl trips, and I cherish those memories.  I even had my bachelorette party there!




Well, you can imagine my utter shock when I discovered that Hubby had NEVER been!  I had to fix this immediately!  So, I did!  And now, he is obsessed!!  He loves it just as much as I do.  I love the hotels, the gambling - craps is my game - the atmosphere, the amazing hotels, the dressing up, the not caring what time it is.  Hubby loves watching me play craps and rationing my chips, drinking red bull vodkas, and the nightlife.

We always stay at the Monte Carlo.  It's nice, in a perfect spot, and very reasonably priced.  And, I LOVE the dealers there.  They are so nice.

We always to go Rain at The Palms.  For Hubby's 30th, we saw Jazzy Jeff DJ there.  He loved it!

Other suggestions - gamble at O'Shea's during the day.  They have low mins and the dealers are fun and relaxed.  If you can, rent a cabana.  The ones at the Monte Carlo are a few hundred dollars for the day, but it's totally worth it.  I love pool days!

Here are a few pics from our various trips -










Aaaahhh...I am itching for a vacation!  It's going to be awhile....

Where are your favorite vacation spots?
post signature

No comments: