Friday, May 27, 2011

Our first week as parents

Hi friends!

I'm so sorry I have been missing in action the past two weeks, we have been adjusting to being new parents, and to be honest, I'm exhausted!  There are so many emotions - a bigger love than I have ever felt, fear, happiness, exhaustion - you name it, I've felt it!

Our first week was wonderful.  The nurses in the hospital were amazing.  Those are truly special women.  My mom stayed with us for our first week, and I am so blessed and thankful that she did.  I don't know what I would have done without her!  She taught me things that I didn't know a thing about, and took a night shift each night so I could get a few hours of sleep.  Plus, Jaxson adores his Gigi!


We had our first dr. appointment last Thursday, when he was 5 days old.  He was back up to 8lbs 4oz, only 2oz smaller than his birth weight.  Thank goodness!  He is in the 64% for weight, and at 20.5 inches, the 95% for his height.  His little head is only 13 inches, which puts him in the 30%.  He is long and lean with a little head!

At our first dr. appointment

Hubby has been amazing with him.  I knew he would love him, but I wasn't sure how much he would truly bond with him as a newborn.  Well, he has.  It is very sweet to watch.


Jaxson is a very sweet, even tempered baby.  He only cries when he is naked, cold or hungry.  He gets the hiccups each time he eats, and they shake his whole little body; bless his heart.  I love him more than I thought possible.  Truly!

This is my favorite little sleepy face.

Bandit loves him.  He follows him around everywhere, and doesn't sleep unless he is sleeping.  He is very gentle and gives him sweet kisses.

Sweet brothers

Healing is hard.  I had no idea how hard it would be for me.  I had two second degree tears and one third degree.  They are painful.  But, I know they will get better.  I've lost 26 of the 46 pounds that I gained, so that makes me very, very happy.  Breastfeeding is painful, but going very well.  He is a good little eater!


Our first tummy time


I left him twice this week, and it wasn't hard like I thought it would be!  The first time was to go out to dinner with hubby on Saturday night.  It was nice to get to spend some time with him, I missed him!  I saw him each evening for a little while, but we hadn't really talked all week it felt like.  It was so wonderful to catch up.  The next time was on Sunday, when Mom and I went to the store.  Hubby kept him and everything was just fine (he slept the entire time - haha!)  I was glad it wasn't so hard.

Headed out for our first date night as parents

I am hoping to get back into a normal blogging schedule, but please bear with me, some days go by so quickly that I don't realize it until it's dark outside!  And, I promise that I will catch up on your blogs very soon!


Thank you all so much for the prayers and the well wishes for our little family!  They mean more to me than you will ever know!



5 comments:

Takara said...

Jaxson is so handsome! I've been waiting on some pictures, congrats again!!!

Kylie Marie said...

your little man is so precious! seriously, every time i see pregnancy or newborn pics it makes me want a baby so bad... i find myself looking at baby pics too much. and ive found myself looking at cribs and changing tables. haha... i am not too good at being patient!!!
glad to see you back!!!

Kelly said...

He's so cute Michelle! I'm glad to hear everything is going well!

Unknown said...

aw it looks like you all are adjusting well, and he is adorable!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Ahhh loving this post too! lol I'm just over the moon happy for you! I know we barely know eachother but I am truly just so happy for you! :)

Your son is just so beautiful and seems like such a sweet baby! Thank you for being so honest and real about how you feel with the pain your in and how breastfeeding is hard/painful. You're such a trooper through it all. As a new mom you're probably going through so much emotionally, physically and mentally. I pray that you'll feel back to your normal self soon! Remember to take time for yourself too. So glad you and your husband were able to get out of the house for a couple date nights! :)

p.s. you look great!