Sunday, May 20, 2012

My First Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day was beyond perfect.  My parents were in town for Jaxson's birthday, so I got to spend time with my Mom!!  I couldn't have asked for more!

My mom had my Nana's old charm bracelet repaired and got me a charm with Jaxson's name and birthdate on it.  Truly a treasure.  I was so incredibly moved.  I have worn it each day and will treasure it always.  Hubby got me a very sweet card, and, my first Tory Burch bag!!!!  I love it so much!  It's been two years since I've bought a new bag, and with Jaxson's arrival, I really haven't treated myself.  I was so shocked and happy.  I love it!
Jaxon playing with Gamm-E

Jaxson and Gamm-E 

We spent the afternoon with Jeff's family, celebrating my mother in law.  His sister and her husband made a wonderful lunch and Jaxson had so much fun playing at their house.  They are just the best hosts!

Afterwards, we went by our new house to check out the progress on the lot.  Not too much going on, but they are moving forward!

We spent the eveing together, just the three of us, enjoying each other.  Thank you God for making me a mother!  I am so thankful!!  I am also thankful for my mom, who, without a doubt, taught me what a mother is.  There are so many times each and every day that I catch myself saying, singing or doing something with Jaxson, and I think, "wow, I sound just like mom!"  And I love it!  Thank you Mom, for showing me what a mother's love is.  You are my role model and I love you with all of my heart!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I am glad you had a great Mother's day =) You are a wonderful mommy

Unknown said...

You are a wonderful Momma, but look at the great example you had!! Momma Adams is a great lady! :)

Unknown said...

Happy First Momma's day to you! I was just thinking about you the other day and then your blog popped up - looks like yall are doing amazing!!

Nicole-Lynn said...

I'm glad you had a nice first mother's day! You deserve it! :)