Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

Although no sculptured marble should rise to their memory, nor engraved stone bear record of their deeds, yet will their rememberance be as lasting as the land they honored.
- Daniel Webster

It is so easy to think of Memorial Day as a time for starting summer.  The first weekend on the lake, in a bikini, time for fun new recipies and time with good friends.  I am incredibly guilty of this too.  I feel so fortunate to live in a country that is safe because of the honor and selflessness of those that fight for our country and our freedom.  Thank you to all of you that have served, and loved someone that has served.  I cannot imagine being the daughter, wife, sister or mother of a man or woman while they are serving our country.  I cannot imagine the hardship and the worry.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.


No comments: