Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Not So Wordless Wednesday & My First Awful Meal


Can you believe that my hibiscus plant is still alive???  My darling Mother In Law gave her to me, and I have been so scared that I would kill the sweet little plant.  I'm so proud of myself!  Usually, I treat my plants wonderfully for an amount of time, then I get disinterested and hubby informs me when they are on the brink of death.  Oops.  I'm working on it :)

So, we have been out of town for the past 4 weekends.  Meaning, I haven't done a big trip to the grocery store.  And, I don't plan on doing one until this weekend.  Our reserves are running low.  So I'm having to get creative on what I make.  Last night was the first time I made something that hubby didn't go back for seconds of.  When he came to the table he said, oh babe, what is this?  Let's just say that it included ground beef, hash browns, cream of mushroom soup and cheese.  FAIL.  I thought it was great, but he said, "It would be just fine with me if you didn't ever make this again, um, unless you really wanted to or something". Then he asked, "Are we having money troubles?"  haha!  Poor fella.  He was really, really sweet about it.  Those are the moments when I am a little overwhelmed with the man I married, in a wonderful way.

Have you had a kitchen disaster?  Or not so much a disaster, but something that your other half hated?  Please tell me I'm not the only one :)

2 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

We have some friends that are huge Aggies fans! All of your traditions are interesting...did you go to A&M?

Nicole-Lynn said...

Awww lol sorry it was a fail! It is bound to happen! :) I have definitely made something that failed... it was a chicken, rice casserole that seemed pretty easy on Campbells website. I used the 90 second in a pouch rice instead of dry rice like it said and it turned out so gross! I learned my lesson! :)