Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pinwheels











Thanks to the wonderfully helpful ladies on the nest, I have an amazing new recipe!
I altered it for our tastes, and love, love these pinwheels!

I made them for my incredibly particular husband, and *gasp* he loves them!

He ate the two that I brought him while he was watching TV, and then, upon discovering that I was putting them in the fridge, says, "Why don't you put those on a plate and bring them in here?" That's when I knew I stumbled across something good. To get another opinion, I took them to work the next day, heated them in the toaster oven, and served them to my recipe guinea pigs - my coworkers. They loved them too! When I got home, there was a very disappointed hubby on the sofa asking for the leftover pinwheels. Oops.

I served these last night at our progressive neighborhood Christmas party. They were a hit! All the wives wanted the recipe.
We are currently cooking another batch to eat while we watch football this afternoon.
Okay, enough talking, here's how you make them -

PINWHEELS

1 8oz Block Cream Cheese
1 Tube Crescent Rolls
1/4 Cup Bacon Bits (I use the yellow Oscar Meyer bag)
2 Tablespoons Finley Diced Onions

Lay out about 2 feet of plastic wrap.

Lay crescent rolls flat, making one large sheet of dough. Press seams together.

Put cream cheese block in a microwave safe bowl. Defrost in the microwave. I used the chicken setting, and defrosted for 1/2 lb. of chicken. Worked great and makes it so much easier to mix and spread.

Stir in onion and bacon bits.

Spread mixture evenly over crescent roll dough.

Roll dough into a log shape, creating a spiral in the cross section.

Wrap in the plastic wrap, and place in the fridge. The colder the log gets, the easier it will be to slice. I made the logs the night before, and sliced and cooked them the next evening right before our party.

Slice the log into 1/2 slices, place on a baking sheet, and cook for about 15 minutes at 350.

Hope you enjoy them!

No comments: