Saturday, July 2, 2011

Show Us Your Life - Breakfast Recipies!

This weeks Show Us Your Life from Kelly's Korner is breakfast recipes.  I LOVE breakfast!  Everything about it truly!  Here is my super easy casserole recipe that I've made since college.  My Daddy has even made it his own for those early mornings a the ranch during deer season.

Here's what you need -
1lb Bacon (Cooked and crumbled)
1lb Breakfast Sausage (Cooked and crumbled)
2 Cups Shredded Cheese (I use cheddar)
1/2 White or Yellow Onion (Diced)
1 Green Pepper (Diced)
8 Eggs (Whisked, like you were making scrambled eggs)
1 Package of Crescent Rolls

Roll out crescent rolls to make one large sheet of dough in the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
Distribute all ingredients except for the eggs evenly over the dough.
Pour the eggs over the mixture.
Bake at 350, uncovered for 20-30 minutes, or until you can wiggle the pan and the mixture doesn't wiggle.

I love this so much because you can make everything the day before, cover the pan, and leave it in the fridge.  I love to sleep in a little bit, so it's perfect to just be able to wake up, pull the pan out of the fridge, whisk the eggs, pour them in and pop it in the oven. 

If you try it, let me know how it goes!

1 comment:

Nicole-Lynn said...

It sounds so delicious! I make a sausage and egg breakfast casserole that is very similar! I use the maple jimmy dean sausage for it.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sausage-and-egg-casserole/detail.aspx