Saturday, November 21, 2009

40 Days of Thankfulness - Day 8

I'm back in town and back on track with my Thankfulness.

Today I am thankful for unpredictability.

Jeff and I had a great day today. We went to Hobby Lobby to pick out our wrapping paper for our Christmas gifts. I am usually a little obsessive about our wrapping paper. I love Christmas to have a theme. This year, I chose red and white damask. I already picked out the paper from some that my Mom found at Hobby Lobby last year, ordered gift tags, and bought my ribbon for bows. I just hadn't bought the paper yet. Well, Hobby Lobby does not have the paper this year. They have it in green, and black and white, but not the red that I had my heart set on. I was disappointed, it is time to start Christmas stuff, but I had to regroup. Jeff picked up some red paper with white reindeer silhouettes, and said, "I really like this". He NEVER has an opinion about these things! The paper wasn't too bad, and I figured that if I stuck with the red, it would be okay. After I said, "Sure, that's nice, let's get that one", and started to walk off, he picked up another roll of red paper, this one covered in cartoon snowmen and little snowflakes. "I REALLY like this one" - Jeff. I inwardly cringe and almost tell him to put it back - I HATE Christmas paper with cartoon figures on it. The reindeer were a stretch for me, but there was no way I was going to have my floor covered with cartoon snowman paper. Then, Jeff said, I like this, I'm really glad I came. How unpredictable. Who knew that he would be happy that I dragged him to Hobby Lobby, that he would choose wrapping paper, and that he would be happy that he came!

So, long story short, I am so happy for his unpredictability today!

No comments: