Thursday, September 3, 2009

College Football!!! Big 12


So ladies, College Football is about to start!!! This is my favorite time of year, I love staying home, grilling and watching College Football! Of course, I am partial to the Big 12, being an Aggie and all. I am really hoping that we have a better season this year. Here are ESPN's picks for the Big 12 games this weekend -


Iowa State - North Dakota State

Iowa State is the pick.


Baylor - Wake Forest

Baylor is the pick, but not by much. Last year, they lost this game 41-13 at home. This would be an upset, which my husband loves : )


Oklahoma State - Georgia

Oklahoma is the pick, but only by a few points. The Bulldogs have a terrible record on the road, 30-4 with Mark Richt. Ouch.


Illinois - Missouri

Illinois is the pick. This is the annual Arch Rivalry, and Illinois has lost 4 straight!


Nebraska - Florida Atlantic

Nebraska is favored, but quite a bit! Zac Lee is making his first career start with the Cornhuskers. Nebraska has a talented defensive front that will make victory difficult for the Owls.


Oklahoma - BYU

Oklahoma is picked to dominate BYU. They are playing at the Dallas Cowboy's new stadium in Arlington - for its first college game! So exciting! Oklahoma has 9 starters on their defense returning this year - so they will be a powerhouse. I really like Oklahoma, I think they have a great program. (Except when they are playing my Aggies)


TAMU - New Mexico

We are picked to win!!!! We lost our first game of the season last year, and that set a losing tone. We need a better start this year! Whoop!


Texas - Louisiana Monroe

Of course Texas is picked to win. I don't like Texas, of course. My Daddy and I argue about this year after year - that just because I am an Aggie doesn't mean that I have to root against them. Yes, actually it does. Just because they are a Texas school does not mean that I have to support them. Yes, I am bitter. The Longhorns have won their last 9 openers by a margin of 43 points - this game should be no exception.


Kansas - Northern Colorado

Kansas is picked to demolish the Bears.


Texas Tech - North Dakota

Texas Tech is picked to blow them out of the water! It will be interesting to see how Michael Crabtree's absence effects their offense.


Kansas State - Massachusetts

K State is the pick.


Colorado - Colorado State

Colorado is picked to win this Sunday game. CSU is inexperienced at the quarterback position - and are waiting until game day to name their starter.







No comments: