Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mobile Cupcakes!

Look What I made!
I am really getting into baking, and I would really like to share my baking with my family. Unfortunately, my family doesn't live here in Houston. So, for my Edaddy's birthday, I decided to ship him cupcakes.


They look messy, but I don't think he will mind : )



It really was fun putting them together, and I hope that he loves them.




Here's what I did...
I bought a dozen 1/2 pint Kerr mason jars. I wanted the wide mouth kind, but I couldn't find them. I had a very difficult time finding the jars. After 3 grocery stores, I finally bit the bullet and went to Wal Mart. I wondered through all of the food aisles, and failed. Then, I went up and down EVERY aisle trying to find them. FYI - they are by the tupperware stuff. Go figure.
I made half a box of white cake and half a box of devils food cake into cupcakes.
After they cooled, I pulled them apart and made two halfs. I put frosting on the seam and put them back together. Then I squished the cupcake into the jar. This is when the messy part happened. I think that it would not be so sloppy with the wide mouth jars. Then, I added a layer of frosting, and added a cupcake on top. I topped with frosting and sprinkles.
I played with different combos of frosting and cupcakes, just for fun : ) Then, I froze them all for 2 days. It is my hope that they will defrost slowly during shipping. I boxed them up, and off they went on the UPS truck! They should arrive tomorrow, I'll let you know how they make it!

No comments: