Monday, July 6, 2009

Introduction

Okay ladies, it's 2009. We can have it all - the career, family, social life, sex appeal...the list goes on and on. It's truly the time of equality that the women before us fought so hard for! But I can't help but think...do we really want to have it all?


I am a newlywed. My wonderful husband and I have been married for 72 days. I have discovered that marriage is 90% wonderful and fun, and 10% very hard work. I've also noticed that most of that hard work falls into the wifey category. My husband desribes marriage as "great" and by saying "nothing has really changed". I couldn't disagree more. I think everything changes. As a wife, I feel that I have so many responsibilities and hats to wear...and it's hard!


Now don't get me wrong, I understand that I put these pressures on myself. I am hoping that I am not the only one :) Please join me in my journey to be the best wifey, daughter, sister, friend, daughter-in-law, grand daughter, employee...the list goes on....

2 comments:

April said...

It is hard!! I feel like I work and run our house. I don't see him cooking, cleaning or even cleanining up after himself! Not to mention laundry and taking care of our finances/bills. I am our rock I swear. lol...Can you imagine when the kids start coming?!

michelle ellis said...

April, thank you! It makes me feel so much better to know I'm not the only one :) No, I cannot imagine when the kids start coming! I have to wait for those until I get this wife stuff all figured out :)