45% of Americans Make Resolutions
49% of those Americans keep their resolutions for less than 60 days
24% don't keep them at all
Just for fun...here are the top resolutions in America
1. Lose Weight
2. Get Organized
3. Spend Less / Save More
4. Enjoying Life
5. Stay Fit / Get Healthy
6. Learn Something New
7. Quit Smoking
8. Help Others in Their Dreams
9. Fall In Love
10. Spend More Time with Family
Wow...I'm hanging on to the majority of those! Here's mine...just to keep me accountable...
1. Consistently have my quiet time with God each morning. I've been doing really well with this one. I have a copy of my devotional on my phone, by my bed, and one at my office. I'm dedicated to spending more time with God each day. And you know what? It's making me feel so much better!
2. Get Healthy! Normally this time of year, I give up carbs for 90 days and turn into a thinner, crazier version of myself. I'm not doing that this year. I've given up drinking wine during the week, and I'm trying to eat less processed foods and more fruits, veggies and whole grains. We will see how this goes, but it's going well so far.
3. Spend more time with my friends. I love my friends so much, I am so wrapped up in work and being a mommy that I don't nuture those relationships. I'm determined to see my friends more frequently. I have lunch with a close friend tomorrow, a couples dinner with another couple and our kiddos tomorrow night, and dinner with a dear friend on Tuesday. And, we have a girls night on the calendar for February. Girlfriends are so important and it's so easy to neglect them.
4. Doing things that make me uncomfortable, but better. As a salesperson, I spend all day being "on" and visiting with other people. So, in my personal life, I really don't have a huge interest in doing that after hours. But, I suffer in the fellowship department because of that. So, I joined the Women's bible study at our Church. It starts on Wednesday. Wish me luck please!
5. Get Organized! I have to get it together. I know that if I do, my home will run so much easier and better. I'm not sure how this is going to go, but I'm working on it.
6. Spend Less - AND GET OUT OF DEBT! By the Grace of God, I'm determined to pay off all of our debt this year, with the exception of our house. I'm in the process of getting hubby's spending under control - pray for me lol.
What are your resolutions for this year? I find that writing them down and putting them out there makes me feel more accountable...thoughts?
Happy New Year Friends!