Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kelly's Korner: Show Us Your Life - Alma Maters

I love this week's SUYL!  It's all about your school!

I went to high school in Birmingham, Alabama - and KNEW that I was going to go to Auburn.  Well, my Dad took a new job right before my senior year of high school, and we moved to Dallas, Texas.  My parents wouldn't allow me to go back to Alabama for college, so I had to choose a Texas school.  I didn't really care which one, but I knew I wanted to go to a large school.  We visited College Station, and it felt similar to the feel of Auburn.  So, I decided that is where I would go.  I'm so glad I did!

I love being an Aggie!  My college years were the most fun years of my life thus far.  I miss it so much!  I pledged Alpha Chi Omega my freshman year, and met the most important women in my life to this day. 

My precious AXO sisters with hubby.
My Aggie girls on my wedding day.

A&M is such an amazing place.  I learned so much about life and myself during those four years.  It is a wonderful, safe, conservative school.  The values and traditions there are ones that I am so proud to share.

I wouldn't trade my experience for the world!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Your blog is so cute! I'm not an Aggie, but the hubs is (Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '97, Whoop!). I am an AXO - hey sister! I enjoyed reading your blog.

Unknown said...

Love your blog! And I thought it was funny that you're an Aggie AXO, too!