Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sweet Home Alabama

Jaxson and I just got back from a fantastic week in Killen, Alabama.
He was such a good boy on the plane.  He did a fantastic job.  Kicking the seat in front of us was a tempting thing...but we managed.  He pretty much loved it.  We even held hands and said a little prayer while we were taking off and landing.  It was a super sweet moment I hope I always remember.
My grandfather, my precious Edaddy lives in Killen, along with my Aunt Cindy and most of the rest of that side of my family.  Jaxson loves them.

My Daddy bought Jaxson his first big float to pull behind the boat.  He loved jumping off of it, but not riding in it behind the boat.  Maybe next year.

We also had lunch with Jaxson's Great Great Grandmother, Polly, and his Great Great Aunt Shelia.  It was so fun getting to visit with them.

Jaxson with his Great Aunt Cha Cha.

My Aunt lives on Wilson Lake, which is part of the TN River.  It's beautiful and I just love it.  Jaxson loves it too.

My Aunt is one of my favorite people in the world.  Notice my swimsuit?  It's my first "Momma" swimsuit ever.  It's amazing how great it felt to have my tummy covered.  I actually felt better about myself, not older!  Go figure!

Jaxson and Edaddy solved all the world's problems.

And there were many many cut throat games of Chicken Foot 

Jaxson even helped Edaddy clean up the yard.  He would follow him anywhere!
Jaxson and my Daddy did a lot of fishing.  Even though Jaxson didn't like the worms...or the fish.


I love this picture.

All the girls...and my little guy.  

I miss my family already.  I would move back to Alabama tomorrow if I could convince hubby that it made sense.  People are so kind, the world moves a little bit slower...and I just love the south.  Everything is monogrammed, everyone smiles at you, and you hear 'Bless her Heart' at least 5x a day.  It's just the way to live!



No comments: