Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Recap

We had a crazy but fun Christmas at the Ellis house this year!

Hubby and I always wanted a big home so that we could house all of our families and make sure that everyone was comfortable and had a place to stay.  This year was our first Christmas in our new home, and we were able to do just that.

My parents, sister, her boyfriend, and my Pappa came to spend the weekend with us.  It was such a blessing to have a room for everyone.  Val and Mauney had to sleep on an air mattress because we don't have a fourth bed in that room, but I think they were fine with it.
 
Pappa bought Jaxson his first train set.  My Daddy had one growing up, and I think it is so special that Pappa started that tradition with Jaxson too.  Here is the entire family trying to figure out how to put it together.
The Ellis Family
 
The Adams Family
 

On Christmas Eve, my in laws came over around 2PM for some visiting and eating before Christmas Eve service at our church.  This was the first time that we took Jaxson to big church, and it will be the last for awhile.  It's just not fair to expect him to sit still for that long.  He was so funny, he went from person to person...from Daddy to Momma to Gamm-E to GiGi to Grandpa...and back again.  It was sweet.  And, after the last prayer, he let our a big AMEN! and everyone loved it.  It's so sweet to hear him say it.  It warms my heart.
My parents framed my diploma for me!  8 years later it is finally ready to hang in our beautiful study!  I am so proud to have it and it is by far my favorite gift!!
 

That night, we had our first meal in our dining room!  My Daddy made his famous "Daddy Loins" and we ate like kings.  Check out the beautiful centerpiece that my mom made me.  I keep telling her that she needs to start selling them.  It makes the entire room beautiful!


Christmas day was a whirlwind.  I don't know that I will try to have both sets of family all together anymore on Christmas.  I didn't feel like I was able to enjoy anyone or any part of the day because I was constantly making sure that everything was going well, that everyone was okay, cleaning, cooking, and trying to spend time with everyone.  It was nearly impossible to soak up the wonderfullness that Christmas is.  But, we had a wonderful, blessed Christmas and I am so thankful!
Jaxson with his God Parents
 




1 comment:

Nicole-Lynn said...

I'm so glad y'all had a nice Christmas! Jaxson looked like he was having a lot of fun opening presents! haha How nice you were able to enjoy this holiday season in your new home! I'm sure you're loving all the extra room and newness! :) How sweet of your mom to frame your diploma! It will look great in your study!