Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Halloween Decor

I think Halloween is so fun, but I don't have a ton of decorations like I do for other events.  But, I'm working on building them up a little at a time :)  I like to blog about what my home looks like during holidays...because I think it's fun to look back to years past and see how its changed!  I know...I'm a weirdo.

Jaxson loved these pumpkins.  He grabbed at them several times each day.  I spray painted that ornament hanger.  It was the first time I ever spray painted anything!

I saw this at Hobby Lobby last year, and waiting until it was too late and they were all out of "E"s.  I was so happy when my Mother In Law showed up with this one for us this year!

My little pumpkins above the sink.  I bought these at 70% off at CVS last year!


My glittered BEWARE! 
Okay, so as I look at this picture I feel like I have to explain the VERY curvy wooden statue!!  My father in law gave it to us last Christmas when I was pregnant. If you can't tell, it is two very curvy people holding a little baby.  He researched for a long time and found an original statue carved by a man in Africa.  He was so proud to give it to us, and it was the most thoughtful gift ever!  It makes us giggle every time we look at it - haha!

Do you like my wreath?  I actually made it!  It was so easy!


Of course I have to have glitter in the yard!

Our entry way table.




And...we have entered the stage of our lives where we have yard art.  Yep, it's here.  I always said that I would NEVER have yard art.  Well, when we went to the pumpkin patch, something came over me.  I NEEDED a peanuts cut out.  I wanted the one of Charlie Brown, you know, the one with the ghost costume with all of those eye holes...and the one of Lucy...oh goodness.  I've turned into a 30 something suburban Mom!  Not that it is a bad thing, it's just different for me - haha!  Long story short, I adore our Great Pumpkin!  And maybe, just maybe, I'll add something else next year.  I already decided that we need some ghosts in our trees...I think I've created a monster!!!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Love your halloween decorations

Cute family picture

Jessi | Minnesota Mrs. said...

I love it! I think it all looks awesome, especially that wreath! Nice job crafty lady :)

Nicole-Lynn said...

Very cute decorations! I also have the monogrammed ceramic pumpkin from Hobby Lobby! I waited too late after they went on sale last year too, and when I saw it in August on sale 50% off I was sure to grab one! :)

Unknown said...

I love all the decorations! I find myself enjoying the whole decorating process more and more each year! We are getting old! :)