Sunday, November 6, 2011

5 Months Old!

My precious Jaxson, you are 5 months old!

Where did the time go?  I cannot believe how big you are.  When I look at your newborn pictures, it is difficult for me to believe that you are the same baby!  This time, right now, is by far my favorite time yet.  You smile at me, laugh with me, and I can feel in my heart that you love me.  You are incredible and amaze me each and every day. 
You are doing great with Tummy Time!  You can lift your head all the way up, like you might be interested in crawling someday soon!

You love love love your jump jump.  You spend time bouncing all around each evening.


Your Pappa came to stay with us this month.  You love him so much!  You look like him too!

You smile a ton!  You are such a happy little man.  You respond to smiles and kind voices too. 

You giggle lots.  Especially at Bandit.  When he runs by you you giggle every time.  You love when he kisses your little face.  When he runs up to you, you open your little mouth.  It's adorable.  You love him.  We play with him on the floor most nights.  He is gentle with you and has started bringing you his toys.  He doesn't understand that you can't throw them yet.  You also giggle when we kiss your tummy, your neck or your toes.  And you are thrilled when we lift you up into the air.  Your Daddy and I agree that your little giggles are the most wonderful happy sounds in the entire world.

You can roll over from your tummy to your back, but not the other way yet.  I am amazed at how smart you are!  You can pick up toys and put them into your mouth.  Well, actually, everything goes into your mouth.  Me, your hands, Bandit...pretty much everything you can get those precious little fingers on.


We started solid foods this month!  You LOVE eating!  You have one meal each morning with rice cereal, and one each afternoon - a veggie!  Your favorite is sweet potatoes, but you also like carrots and squash.  We try a new veggie every Saturday too add to your routine.

You are sleeping 10 hours each night and I thank you each and every morning.  You still usually fall asleep in our arms, but that's okay with us.  We adore it.

You are all out of breastmilk.  Since we stopped last month, you've gone through our whole freezer stash.  You are 100% on formula now.  It was time, and you have been doing so well.  I am so proud of you.



I adore you more than anything in this world, and so does your Daddy.  Watching the two of you together warms my heart.  We love you more than you will ever know my sweet angel!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

He's so big, where did the time go?? I miss you guys, I need to get to Houston stat! Tell Jaxson Aunt Candice loves him! :)

Nicole-Lynn said...

Aw how sweet! He's getting SO big! What a little man :)

Great milestones.. eating solids now, and just about ready to start crawling! How exciting!

Kelly said...

Happy 5 months sweet Jaxson

Unknown said...

He is so precious!