Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy One Month Birthday Jaxson!

My baby is one month old!  I can't believe it has already been a month!  If this is any indication of how quickly the rest of our lives are going to go - I'm scared!


This month has been amazing, exhausting, and fast.  I love this little boy more than anything I've ever loved in this world.  There are times that I look at him and think, wow, I can't believe he's mine!  It's indescribable.

This was a wonderful, busy week! 

We started baths in the big tub!  He LOVES them.  I think he would stay in there all night if I would let him.  He loves when you run the water over him, and adores having his hair washed.  Hubby and I both love the water, we hope that he will too!

We ordered our birth announcements this week!  I can't wait to show you!  I love them.

We had our first nap in our big boy crib.  It did not go well at first, but it's getting better.

Jaxson can follow us with his eyes.  Who thought something so small would be oh so exciting!?

We started playing with our little gym.  He is liking it more and more!  Bandit REALLY likes it.  If you step on those flowers, it plays music.  Bandit discovered this while he was trying to sneak the purple elephant - it's his favorite.  I catch him over there a few times a day.

Hubby has been very helpful with Jaxson.  He loves him.  The cutest night this week was while I was taking a quick shower - I came into the kitchen, and hubby had Jaxson sitting on the kitchen counter in his little froggie footed pjs, and was dancing and singing to him with his iphone.  It was adorable.  He has since started calling Jaxson MC Froggie Pants.  They are so silly.

We went on our first walks this week!  Jaxson loves them!  He stays awake for the first 20 minutes or so, and then falls asleep until we get home.  Yesterday we came home and got Bandit for the last part of our walk, and we almost had a crash.  I don't think I'm ready for that yet, but I feel just awful leaving Bandit at home.

I am all healed.  Thank God.  My last tear took forever, but I finally feel normal in that regard.  I have 7 pounds left to lose to get back to my prepregnancy weight, so that is progressing nicely.  My body still looks VERY different though.  Hmm...we shall see how that turns out.


I won't lie to you - I'm tired.  Very, very tired.  I'm haven't gotten more than 3 hours of sleep in a month.  Sometimes it makes me grumpy and a little crazy feeling.  I think I am going to start him on Baby Wise next week.  Have any of you done it?



I hope all of you had a great week!


3 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Aw he's getting so big so fast! I can't believe he's already a month old! That's great he loves the bath/water already, and he is able to play and follow you with his eyes. That is too funny your dog likes his toy too!

I can't wait to see the birth announcement!! Have a great week!

Liz Martin said...

He is growing. SO cute!!

I have done Baby Wise. It works! Until they go through a growth spurt, but Jett was down STTN at 8 weeks, but that's when his growth spurt hit. Then at 12 weeks he STTN again. And now he is going through another growth spurt beginning at 17 weeks.

I wasn't super strict with it, but I followed the concept of during the day you feed, activity then nap. Then at night you feed and just straight to sleep no activity. I don't even change his diaper at night. He goes #1, but very little. I think he knows to save it for the day.

You need some rest for sure....try to sleep when he naps. Even if it is a hour. It really makes a difference. I usually napped with Jett next to me so i can watch him sleep.

Good Luck girl!

Veronika said...

too cute! happy one month :)