Sunday, March 20, 2011

I made wings!

Hubby and I love Buffalo Wild Wings.  Do you ever eat there?  Ugh...it is just SO GOOD!

Well, we are trying to save moola and calories lately, so when I came across this recipe in Redbook, I decided to give it a try.  Usually my first attempts fail, but this one was a success!  We loved it!

Here's what you need -
1/2 cup of flour
1/4 cup of breadcrumbs (I had Italian on hand, they worked great)
2 tsp salt
2 tsp cayenne pepper (we didn't have any of this, so I used Cajun seasoning that we had)
2 egg whites
6 Tbsp hot red pepper sauce (I used Franks)
3 large chicken breasts, cut into small chunks (I made about 30 of them)
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
Celery and carrot sticks

In a shallow dish, combine flour, breadcrumbs, cayenne, and salt.
In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites and 1 Tbsp red pepper sauce.
Dip the chicken tenders in egg mixture.  I let mine marinate for about an hour.  I don't know if it makes a huge difference or not.
Put a large skillet on the stove on medium high heat.  Cover the bottom of the pan with canola oil.
Put the flour mixture in a Tupperware.
Add 1/4 of the chicken, put the lid on, and shake it baby!!
Put the coated chicken in the skillet, and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning at least once.
Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
Cook the next batches this way, adding additional oil as necessary.
Heat your butter and the remaining pepper sauce in a large Tupperware bowl in the oven. 
Add the chicken, put the lid on, and shake-a shake-a shake!!
Serve warm with the dressing of your choice.  Hubby doesn't like blue cheese, so we eat ours with ranch :)

Do you have a fave recipe?  I am looking for new things to cook!!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Mmmmm I'm going to have to try this too.... would it be too crazy if I decide to make this the same night I make the Buffalo Chicken Dip you posted a while back? haha! :) It could be my appetizer! :)

The hubby LOVES Buffalo Wild Wings so much...that we spend TOO much money when we go there!

And as a matter of fact, yes, I have lots and lots of favorite recipes....I'm working on a post for my spin on Chili in a Breadbowl that I'll post later tonight! :)

Unknown said...

That looks delish! I love wings too, but the calories always make me shy away, I will have to try these. I love Kraft Recipes and Campbell's Soup recipes, their websites have tons of easy stuff to make!

Kelly said...

I LOVE BW3s!! We had it for dinner just last night actually! Yummy. :) I'll have to try this recipe out soon!

Kelly said...

Yumm!! And I love that platter! Where is it from??

michelle ellis said...

Wendy, that is so not crazy! When we want wings, we usually make them both in the same night :) I can't wait to try your chili! I have tried so many times and I just can't seem to get chili just right.

michelle ellis said...

Thank you so much Candice!! I'll have to try those sites!

Kelly Townsed - We have BW3s tonight - I just couldn't resist - haha!!

Kelly - Thank you so much! That is a part of our everyday plates - Daniel Cremieux from Dillards. I've been really happy with them!
http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=301&langId=-1&storeId=301&productId=501392250&splashlink=header_home&N=1632442+2010091&searchUrl=%2Fendeca%2FEndecaStartServlet%3Fsplashlink%3Dheader_home%26N%3D1632442%2B2010091&R=02731404