Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wife + Football = ???

So, my husband loves sports. No sport in particular, pretty much all of them...even golf. So, this football season, I am making a commitment to myself to really follow football. Sure, I like football. I will watch each and every Aggie Football game until the end, and yes, I own a Texans jersey. But, I never really follow the game behind the scenes. I don't understand who is in what conference, and why we want some teams to win one week and lose the next week to better our position. I don't know where our players went to college, and how they ended up playing for our team. I want to have these conversations with my husband so we can have something in common this season. I mean, I can only imagine how excited I would be if he took interest in my All My Children or the book I was reading or something : )

Wish me luck! I'll try to post some sports news here on occasion to help my fellow wives of sports nuts.

No comments: