Sunday, February 2, 2014

Don't cry over spilled nail polish...


I started my morning like this...
I know it looks like I murdered an Aggie...but I swear I just dropped a bottle of maroon nail polish in my bathroom.  I wish I had taken a picture of my hands .  It was EVERYWHERE.  

So, as a little gift from me to you...here is the easiest way to clean up spilled nail polish.  I had none of these supplies at home, so I had to go to CVS with wet hair and no makeup.  Because of course this happened right after I got out of the shower!

First, wet a rag that you don't care about with water and wipe up everything you can.  Then, pour a layer of 100% acetone one the surface.  Let it sit for a couple of minutes and start to scrub.  I used my smile scrubbie...the scrub daddy.  I love those things.

Then, make sure to wash all of the acetone off with water and a rag.  You don't want it to eat the finish off of your sink.  Then, I used a magic eraser to get the rest of it off of the wall and the floor.  Then, use 409 to make sure you have all of the harsh cleaners.  After that, I polished the granite and repainted the wall with our touch up paint.  What an ordeal!

Anyways...I threw all of my nail polish away after this event.  I feel like Mommy Dearest...No More NAIL POLISH!

I hope that this never happens to you, but if it does, I hope this helps!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I have hair dye that I cannot get out of my sink and counter


Thanks for the tip!!!